Family Centered Care Conference
Families that face the heartbreaking burden of caring for a seriously ill child need all the support they can get. This first conference on Family Centered Care on Curacao will bring together professionals from different backgrounds, from medical to administrative, that are active in providing support to these families.
The morning sessions will be geared towards professionals in this field, like doctors, nursing staff and specialists. The afternoon sessions will also be open to invited families of these sick children to join in order to receive information and share experiences.
Accreditation for General Practitioners - 6 points (awarded by CANCuracao - A19.0022)
Other professionals will receive a participation certificate at the end of the conference.
This first annual 'Family Centered Care' conference is an initiative of Ronald McDonald House Charities Curacao.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
08:00 – 08:45 Registration morning sessions
09:00 – 09:10 Official opening of the program by RMHC Curaçao
09:10 – 09:20 ‘Ronald McDonald House Charities’ - Janet Burton (chief field operations, RMHC Global, USA)
09:20 – 09:50 ‘Family centered care: Why is it so important for children's health?’ - Keynote speaker - Linda S. Franck (Rn, Phd, consultant, RMHC Global, USA)
09:50 – 10:05 ‘Vision of Curacao Medical Center and common ground FCC' - Hans Kedzierski (CEO Curacao Medical Center)
10:05 – 10:20 Coffee break
10:20 – 10:50 ‘Medical referrals from Curaçao’ - dr. Shirley Lo-A-Njoe (pediatric cardiologist SEHOS / HOH, Curacao & Aruba)
10:50 – 11:20 ‘Family centered care: from hospitalization to discharge in the Netherlands’ - Hephzibah Freitag (pediatric nurse, Amsterdam Medical Center)
11:20 – 11:40 ‘Healthy lifestyle prevention of disease’ - dr. Melissa Arias (head Departamentu Salu Hubenil, Curaçao)
11:40 – 12:00 Q & A session
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch break
- dr. Melissa Arias, head Departamentu Salu Hubenil, Curaçao
- Janet Burton, chief field operations, RMHC Global, USAdr. Ginette Ecury Goossen, neonatologist, head neonatology department SEHOS, Curaçao
- dr. Ginette Ecury Goossen (neonatologist, head neonatology department SEHOS, Curaçao
- Mistica Fraay, registered pediatric, intensive care and neonatology nurse, manager care, SEHOS, Curaçao
- Linda S. Franck, Rn, PhD, consultant Ronald McDonald House Charities Global, professor & chair at UCSF, San Francisco, USA
- Hephzibah Freitag, pediatric nurse Amsterdam Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Zarja Garmers, Fundashon Lechi di Mama, Curaçao
- dr. Karin Hermans, pediatric psychiatrist, Curaçao
- Hans Kedzierski, CEO Curacao Medical Center
- dr. Shirley Lo-A-Njoe, pediatric cardiologist SEHOS / HOH, Curaçao & Aruba
- Darlene Matroos-Piar, local parent & lawyer at HBN Law, Curaçao
- Dr. Karen Boekhoudt - Middelhof, local parent & independent hospital & health care professional, Curacao
- Raymir Boekhoudt, local parent & process engineer at Refineria Isla, Curacao